iRest Yoga Nidra Training
Restful Being offers the only iRest Yoga Nidra training in the UK. iRest is a complete yoga nidra practice that emphasises deep heartfelt listening and welcoming, which in turn produces profound healing for yourself and those you may work with. iRest Yoga Nidra incorporates meditative self-inquiry, interactive dialogue, mind/body deep rest as well as one-one and group deliveries of guided relaxations. It was developed by renowned clinical psychologist, author and yogic scholar, Richard C. Miller, Ph.D., who is the founding president of the Integrative Restoration Institute (IRI) and with whom Restful Being lead teacher James Reeves has trained and studied extensively. James is the only IRI-sponsored iRest Yoga Nidra teacher trainer in the UK and Restful Being offers both Level 1 (Basic) and Level 2 (Advanced) iRest Training programmes (full details of the course content can be found below). Our programmes are undertaken by yoga teachers and therapists from other disciplines as well as individuals from all backgrounds/disciplines interested in the practice for their own personal development.
The Only Yoga Nidra Practice Substantiated by Research
iRest is the only yoga nidra practice that is substantiated by extensive and continuing research. Consequently, the protocol has been applied in settings not typically open to standard yoga practices (such as the US military) and attendees undertaking iRest training will be able to differentiate their approach from other yoga nidra practitioners.
WHAT MAKES IREST DIFFERENT TO OTHER YOGA NIDRA PRACTICES?
- Secular approach, with modern language and terms, making it easily accessible
- Does not impose specific imagery or other suggestions that may be inappropriate/ineffective for the practitioner
- The practitioner develops an ‘inner resource’ allowing them to anchor themselves and return to a safe place at any point during the practice
- Instructors are trained in how to attend to emotional abreactions that may re-trigger trauma or shut down healing
- Individual members of a group are encouraged to choose how they want to participate (i.e. the emotions they want to work with, or imagery that is relevant/has meaning for them), rather than the same, uniform instructions being applied to everyone in the group
- Focus on welcoming all emotions as they arise and accepting life as it is, rather than avoiding or escaping situations through ‘forced’ relaxation
- iRest has been used in military settings since 2006; all the research on yoga nidra in military settings to date has been done using the iRest protocol
- Level I Training provides you with the basic principles, history, theory, practice and delivery of iRest. This will allow you to incorporate the simple 10-step iRest protocol into your personal life, professional teaching or clinical practice.
Level 1: BAsic IRest training
Level 1 iRest Yoga Nidra training is a five-day intensive course, comprising theory, practice and discussion, suitable for anyone interested in deepening their own practice or working with yoga nidra in a yogic or therapeutic setting. The course will provide an understanding of:
- The historical context and path of meditation in which iRest is embedded
- The Eastern and Western psycho-spiritual perspectives that form the path of meditation and iRest
- The evidence-based research showing the efficacy of iRest and its use with different psycho-physical issues and populations
- iRest within the context of meditation
- The teacher-student relationship, teaching issues and ethical considerations
- The Ten Steps of iRest
- How to use iRest for your personal practice
- How to teach iRest to groups and individuals
- The training provides the opportunity to participate in group lectures and peer discussion groups, and to receive and participate in multiple iRest experiential group and one-on-one practice sessions
LEVEL 2: Advanced iRest Training
Level 2 iRest Yoga Nidra training is a four-day intensive course designed to provide you with a deeper understanding of the principles underlying the theory, practice and delivery of iRest Yoga Nidra so that you can hone your delivery of iRest to groups and individuals in public and professional settings. You will:
- Receive advanced training in teaching iRest to groups and individuals
- Participate in advanced group lectures and peer discussion groups
- Understand the teacher-student relationship, teaching issues and ethical considerations
- Receive advanced iRest experiential group and one-on-one practice sessions
- Enhance your understanding of the historical context and the path of meditation in which iRest is embedded.
- Learn Eastern and Western psycho-spiritual views that inform iRest and the path of meditation
- Learn about evidence-based research showing the efficacy of iRest with different populations
- Deepen your personal practice of iRest
Completing the iREST Certification Process
After completing the Level 1 you are able to incorporate the iRest teachings into your courses/work, and promote this fact. In order to become listed as a 'Certified iRest Teacher' you must undergo the certification process (beginning any time after you have completed Level 1). Certification involves one-one mentoring (often by Skype) as well as completing a number of distance-learning tasks. For more information please refer to the IRI website.
About the Venues
triyoga, Camden, London
A beautiful renovated Victorian warehouse – originally a piano factory – with high ceilings, natural light and lots of space. Walking distance from Chalk Farm and Camden London Underground stations.
Address: 57 Jamestown Road, London, NW1 7DB
Warwick Hall, Burford, Oxfordshire
A stunning state-of-the-art venue set in the heart of the 'gateway to the Cotswolds'. Burford and surrounding villages offer a wealth of accommodation options.
Address: Church Green, Burford, Oxon, OX18 4RY
Cost and Bookings
- Level 1, 16-21 September 2018, Whitespace Studios, Milton Keynes: £895/£795 Early bird by 21 June. Book and pay via Whitespace
- Level 2, Burford, The Cotswolds, Oxfordshire, 22-26 October 2018. £895 SOLD OUT - email email@example.com to go on the waiting list.
Please note course fees do not include accommodation or meals.
How To Pay
Cheque: Made payable to ‘Restful Being LTD’ and posted to Restful Being, 37 Eaton Road, Appleton, Oxford OX13 5JH
Bank transfer: Sort code: 09-01-28, account number: 70731869, swift code for your bank account: ABBYGB2L, iBan number: GB65ABBY09012870731869. Please make the reference either 'L1' or 'L2' followed by your surname.
© 2018 Restful Being.