iRest Yoga Nidra is a research-based transformative practice of deep relaxation and meditative inquiry that releases negative emotions and thought patterns. It calms the nervous system and develops a deep capacity to meet and be at ease within the circumstances we encounter in life. Research has shown that iRest Yoga Nidra effectively reduces, insomnia, chronic pain, chemical dependency, P.T.S.D, depression and anxiety but this is a practice open to all who are interested in discovering their home-ground of wellbeing and exploring the depths of the word ‘yoga’: to feel at one with everything.
This weekend introduces the 10 steps of iRest Yoga Nidra, taking time to explore each component of the practice through a mix of explanation and experience. We will introduce and focus on:
• Setting intentions
• Exploring living your heartfelt mission
• Creating an inner resource of well-being
• Body sensing
• Breath sensing
• Welcoming emotions as messengers and feedback systems
• Meeting the mind and integrating it into practice
• Working with beliefs and deeper levels of identification
• Exploring consciousness and the continuum of awareness
• Enquiring into the thought of self as separate
Who’s it for?
Anyone interested in learning more about yoga nidra, from new learners to those with some experience of the practice and yoga teachers wanting to broaden their knowledge. The weekend also offers a great opportunity for anyone considering iRest Yoga Nidra teacher training to learn more about the practice and its potential applications. Whether your interest in yoga nidra is for personal or professional reasons, you can expect to leave the workshop feeling deeply restored, renewed and equipped with the tools to find a new level of deep rest and the ability to ‘let go’.
BOOK VIA TRIYOGA
* * * If booking for more than one person, please do so by calling 020 7483 3344. Do not book via website or the second person will not appear on the roster. * * *
“James’ heartfelt gentleness and masterful wisdom shine through in his teachings… His expertise lies in his ability to light the path for others to find their own way.” Richard Miller, PhD. Founder, Executive Director and President of the Board of Directors Integrative Restoration Institute (IRI)